Back pain can be very debilitating and can be felt anywhere along your spine from your neck to your hips, however it is most common in the lower back. The pain can be triggered by lifting incorrectly, poor posture, twisting, by sitting or standing awkwardly, or with strenuous activity.
The most common causes of back pain can be degenerative causes (e.g. degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, osteoarthritis), muscular causes (e.g. myofascial pain, muscle strain), mechanical causes (e.g. bulging disc) or referred pain (e.g. from the hip joint).
- dull diffuse ache
- intermittent sharp pains
- restricted movement
- pain with prolonged sitting/standing
- pain when turning over in bed
- referral of symptoms down the front or back of the legs (Sciatica)
- pins and needles
- bladder or bowel dysfunction
- muscle weakness
- tension and stiffness in the back
Affordable Treatment From a Physio You Can Trust